Which RPM Should I use

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Fri Dec 4 22:09:03 CET 2009

Alex,

Here's the link to the RedHAT FAQ on the FreeRADIUS site that describes how
to install FreeRADIUS on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Fedora:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

You actually need several of the RPMs including the src RPM. Then you would
need to install the following:

freeradius-libs-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
freeradius-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
freeradius-ldap-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
freeradius-mysql-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm
freeradius-utils-2.1.7-2.fc12.i686.rpm

An alternative would be switching to CentOS which will be easier. You can
move to CentOS and follow the directions on the FreeRADIUS web site on how
to install in a RedHat environment. This would allow you to use the "yum"
utility which automatically downloads the dependencies for you.

Tim