default linelog Accounting-Request handling broken?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Dec 6 20:34:41 CET 2009

Josip Rodin wrote:
> People should want to know as soon as possible if their configuration is
> has syntax errors - it's likely that the same issue can have bad effects
> on the functionality they want.

  I agree.  They should "test" their configuration before putting it
live into a production environment.  Testing should involve running it
in debugging mode.

> Thinking about it, people on high-traffic sites might get bothered with
> extra logs and extra disk space usage. But, those are the same kind of
> people who will not use debug mode because of its disk space issues.

  It doesn't take any disk space to run it in debugging mode for tests.

  For everyone else, getting 1000 log messages/s because of a
configuration typo is a *bad* thing.