default linelog Accounting-Request handling broken?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Dec 6 22:54:31 CET 2009

Hi,

> People whose servers do 1k operations/s are the ones who can be assumed to
> be already prepared for the situation where the log volume increases by a
> magnitude, for whatever reason.

err, no - the reason? most of our logging of RADIUS stuff does into
fast DBs  - hosted elsewhere.  therefore local logging is actually an issue
- and we certainly wouldnt want these 'complaints' printed out with every single
packet.

what might be good would be for the daemon to just STOP if it came across
certain issues and got the admin to sort out their config - the nice
deprecated :- issue, for example  ;-)

alan