Auth-Type

jon michaels joniamasad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 09:55:59 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> quite easy - you are forcing an access-accept on the initial packet
> and you rNAS wont take that - it needs to offer the full challenge-response
> and not just get a 'yes yes let them on'. if you remove that part where
> you are setting access-accept and THEN look at the errors you'll
> see where its going wrong.

If i remove the 'testuser Auth-Type := Accept' completely everything
works fine; the user connects and accounting updates are written. I am
looking for an efficient way to remove the ability to connect without
touching the password in the database. I searched through ppp and
radiusclient documentation and source but don't see how i can achieve
this the correct way.

It will work if i insert and delete the 'Auth-Type := Reject' record
for the user to achieve this. I just figured that changing the value
from Accept to Reject would be a nicer way to do this.

Thanks for your suggestions.