Pre-release of Version 2.1.8

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Tue Dec 8 15:14:54 CET 2009

> This limit is around 8K packets in 2.1.x, and will be 64K packets in
> 2.2.x.  So if you're getting 500 packets/s for a home server, 16s after
> it goes down, all 8k "slots" will be used.

I'm not sure if this is feasible and/or easy to implement, but I thought I'd ask..  As a suggestion, can there be a separate pool for each home server?  It seems like increasing the limit of a shared pool just lengthens the time before the same problem can occur.  If each home server had a separate pool, then one home server could not affect the others, regardless of the size of the pool.