Possible to add a NAS in any MySQL table?

Patric patricrt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:42:40 CET 2009

Peter Carlstedt wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I´ve been searching the net for answers but havent´been able to find
> any information about how to add a NAS in the MySQL tables instead of
> using the clients.conf file. It is possible to use one of the tables
> that comes with Freeradius?
> If it is possible, is there any "HOW to" guide for it somewhere?

sql.conf:
---------

        # Set to 'yes' to read radius clients from the database ('nas'
table)
        # Clients will ONLY be read on server startup.  For performance
        # and security reasons, finding clients via SQL queries CANNOT
        # be done "live" while the server is running.
        #
        readclients = yes

        # Table to keep radius client info
        nas_table = "nas"

sql/${database}/dialup.conf:

        nas_query = "SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret FROM
${nas_table}"

HTH
Patric