Testing radius server

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Thu Dec 10 22:30:24 CET 2009

Alex,

Where did you create the user and password cisco?

in the /etc/raddb/clients.conf.

<tim> That's the problem. You configure RADIUS clients in the clients.conf
file. A RADIUS client is a network device like a NAS or a wireless Access
Point.

A copy of your users configuration file would be great

Which config files do you need, radiusd.conf, or clients.conf? There is
also, /etc/raddb/users which I have not even touched, cuz I did not see it
readily on the wiki, and I did not know about till now.

<tim> users are defined in the "users" file. Read the comments in the users
file. Generally, when you install and configure FR, you start with the
radiusd.conf file, then clients.conf and finally users.

Yes, the documentation is in many different places. Start here:

1. FreeRADIUS v2 Documentation http://freeradius.org/doc/
2. Read the comments in the config files - radiusd.conf, clients.conf and
users.
3. Check out this page from Alan's online book -
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/pap.html

Tim