MAC authentication bypass --- How am I supposed to edit?theusers file to include multiple MAC addresses??

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Dec 20 23:44:18 CET 2009

Hi,

> ....some would say that is a controversial MAC address regexp, but I
> guess you just do things differently 'up north' eh? :)

hey, it was a quick hackup example to deal with the question.

> 'cheese112233xxyyzzTASTY' would even match that :)

yep - but a user could just as easily log in with the user-name of
00:11:22:33:44:55 ;-)

thats why some decent stuff needs to be done elsewhere....I dont
like Mac auth bypass. not a fan of it at all - its a horrible
kludge to deal with devices that cant do 802.1X

the real answer is to get the vendors to sort their cheap shoddy kit out ;-)

alan