RADIUS 2.x - modules not loaded correctly

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 21 16:39:24 CET 2009

Hi,

> I was thinking we should use the mods-{available,enabled}, also mimicking
> apache2 and sites-*. That way we can worry less about the admin editing and
> leaving junk in one directory, when only the other one is supposed to be
> clean. Something like this?
>
> git mv raddb/modules raddb/mods-available
> patch -p1 < mods.diff # attached

that makes the modules go into modules-available - but then you need
to create the modules-enabled directory and put links into there...
by default the server needs at least a handful of the modules to be present
for its default config to load/work - i know - i've looked at this in the past.
you'll also need to patch the radiusd.conf to read in modules-enabled/*

alan