escape in the radius accept

Wed Dec 23 02:46:14 CET 2009

hello folks,
I am working on a EAP issue. the user could authenticated ok. however, if
the username is like this:
"edu\nntest" (wihch is ' 45 44 55 5c 6e 6e 74 65 73 74)

then in the radius accept, the username changed to "edu'0x0a'ntest" (45 44
55 0a 6e 74 65 73 74)
so the '\n' has been converted to 0x0a. this doesn't affect the
authentication but it does affect the display on the authenticator. I tried
to search the list but couldn't find similar question. if anyone has any
workaround,
please advise. I don't have the radius debug log since this is on a
production server but I don't have the packet capture in case someone is
interested.

Regards,
-ns