error discarding packet

Alisson alissonfer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:42:58 CET 2009

i'm using mysql 5.0,

the tables used by freeradius are innodb,

I have good indexes,

my applications manipulate milions of register from radius.radaccts in a
little time

I don't have problem with slow db, but with radius a lot of time I have this
problem 'discarding packet'

I using a server core 2 duo, 2gb memory

is dedicated to freeradius

my mysql variables are working good

2009/12/23 Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>

> Hi,
>
> > i'm trying to solve this problem in six months
>
> surely you've played with the right number of variables?
>
> > this is my configuration
>
> hordses for courses - i could tell you my variables
> but then....well, they might not be appropriate for you.
>
> FWIW, if you get problems with MySQL then it wont be your thread
> issue - it'll be how slow and wrong your DB is!
>
> > thread pool {
> > start_servers = 10
> > max_servers = 32
> > min_spare_servers = 3
> > max_spare_servers = 10
> > max_requests_per_server = 0
> > }
>
> I have 64 start_servers, 64 max_servers, 64 spare servers - and the
> appropriate
> values in the perl modukle - but, i will say this again - it doesnt matter
> how
> many servers you clone and have available - your error message is coming
> from the
> SQL being too slow to respond - and if you chuck more servers at it, then
> it'll
> get even worse!!!!
>
> i cannot say this enough it seems . fix why your SQL is slow - or adjust
> the way
> you use the SQL.  have you got the correct indexes? have you got too many
> are you usign mysql? if so, are you using naff default MyISAM or have you
> moved to
> a better method - eg InnoDB?
>
> alan
> -