MAC authentication bypass --- How amIsupposedto?edit?theusersfile to include multiple MAC addresses??

Difan Zhao difan.zhao at guest-tek.com
Wed Dec 30 01:07:56 CET 2009

I apologize for the previous spam! I kind of figured out my problem.
Then I tried to fix it and now I have a new problem!!

So I want to authenticate devices when both User-Name and User-Password
are the same and are both the MAC of the device. My default files look
like:

authorize {

if((Service-Type == 'Call-Check') && (User-Name =~
/^%{Calling-Station-ID}$/i)){

                                    update control {

                                                Auth-Type = 'Auth-NHSTB'

authenticate {

        Auth-Type Auth-NHSTB {

                if(%{request:User-Password} == %{request:User-Name}) {

                        ok

                }

                else{

                        noop

However when I try to run Radius I keep getting this error:

Expected regular expression at: request:User-Password)

/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[308]: Failed to parse "if" subsection.

Errors initializing modules

I also tried I lot other syntax and different operators as well but the
error is still there... What is the right syntax?? Thank you!

Guest-tek, Difan Zhao

difan.zhao at guest-tek.com

www.guest-tek.com

Office: 403-509-1010 ext 3048