Freeradius integration

Nick Owen owen.nick at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 16:40:59 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Amy Hawke wrote:
>> We would like to get two factor authentication working using the
>> username/password from our current LDAP directories and then
>> username/RSA token code.
>
>  That will likely *not* work.  The NAS has to support this behavior,
> and usually doesn't.
>
>>  The RSA product is unable to connect to our
>> current directories, so if possible we would like to perform the first
>> step using FreeRADIUS and then proxy the second part of the request
>> through to the RSA Authentication manager.
>
>  We're currently working to get FreeRADIUS integrated with the RSA
> token libraries.  There are licensing restrictions, so the resulting
> code will likely not be part of the "official" release.  But it should
> be available.

We're interested in getting libraries integrated with Freeradius and
there would be no licensing issues - we can do a complete opensource
offering.  What's the best way to get this started?   What are the
programming requirements? One concern is that while we have support
for java, python, C#, PHP and Ruby, we do not have any C libraries.
Is it of interest?

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.