Query on Acct-Status-Type

ramesh p rock786143 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:28:49 CET 2009

whats the difference between Accounting stop and AcctStatusType=stop?
Accounting stop and AcctStatusType=tunnel-stop....

I need only stop packets. I'm not going to store accounting start packets.

If i send accounting stop packets and AcctStatusType=tunnel-stop am
receiving it as AcctStatusType=Stop only. why? any reason?
my questions are:
1. I need to store/log only Accounting stop packets with AcctStatusType =
Stop.
If i get a packet of
AcctStatusType="Start,Checkpoint,Accounting-On,Accounting-Off,Tunnel-Start,Tunnel-Stop,Tunnel-Reject,Tunnel-Link-Start,
Tunnel-Link-Stop, Tunnel-Link-Reject, Failed" need to ignore them and not to
be stored in db.
for this i commented out all the queries(start,update,on,off) except
accounting_stop_query and accounting_stop_query_alt.
Will this satisfies my requirement?
Plz help me.