Regular expressions doesn't work in /etc/raddb/hints

Victor Shkamerda vvs at auto.bnm.org
Thu Feb 12 13:27:51 CET 2009

Hi,

We are migrating from other RADIUS software to FreeRADIUS.  In order to avoid changing existing users database objects, I'm trying to fix the User-Name attribute format in NAS request and it seems that preprocess module is the right place to do that. But after adding new default rule in the hints file I have discovered that it doesn't work. The rule is always matching my regular expression no matter what string I put into it. The regular expression is simply the string itself i.e. like "/string/". After looking through sources I found that in src/lib/valuepair.c in pairmove the operator T_OP_REG_EQ is commented out. Could it be the culprit or is there anything else that I should know? The FreeRADIUS version is 2.1.3 on SLES 10 compiled from sources.

Best regards,
Victor Shkamerda