Dynamic Vlan Allocation based on LDAP Attribute Value

Paul Dealy pdealy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:17:17 CET 2009

I have a working radius server (ver 1.1.3). which I am using for
802.1x authentication of wired switch ports.  I would like to
dynamically assign users vlans.  I have cisco gear and have achieved
basic vlan allocation by configuring a Default entry in the users
file.   So the vlan allocation part works ok.

What I want to be able to do is allocate the vlan by matching the
value of an LDAP attribute.  Not by group membership, but the actual
value of a users attribute.  Is this possible?

Cheers,
Dealy