Cisco NAS and server side ip pool management

Sebastian Krieger skr at ts.tsimail.de
Fri Feb 13 16:53:57 CET 2009

Hi,

for many hours now I am trying to configure a Cisco router as a NAS to
authenticate dialup users against freeradius and provide the ip address
dynamically from a server based ip pool.

The authentication part works fine and the ip address also gets selected
from the pool and sent as Framed-IP-Address back to the NAS. The only
thing is that the ip address seems not to be catched up by the NAS and
provided to the dialup user. I test the dialup connection from a Windows
XP machine with an ISDN card and there it always ends in an error
message that the NAS didn't provide the IP information.

It is absolutely no problem to use a static ip pool on the Cisco router
instead of a server based ip pool management.

Can someone please send me a working configuration example for a Cisco
IOS based NAS?

Thanks
Sebastian