Freeradius is crashing in krb auth

Lisa Besko besko at msu.edu
Mon Feb 16 15:46:04 CET 2009

Freeradius keeps crashing on us.  I finally put it in debug mode and
this is the tail end of the messages I get before it dies:

--------------------------------
     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 5
   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 9
rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
   modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 9
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 9
   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Kerberos
auth: type "Kerberos"
   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group kerberos for request 9
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
-------------------------------

Part of what is frustrating is I've been running this same configuration
on another system and it's fine.  I just moved it to a production system
and I'm having issues.  They are both running FreeRadius 1.1.7_3 and MIT
  Kerberos 1.6.3_5.  The setup that works well is running FreeBSD 7.0
Stable on an i386 system.  The one that keeps crashing is running
FreeBSD 7.1 PreRelease on an AMD system.  Anyone have any ideas about
what is happening here?

LB
--
Lisa Besko