linking gdbm_compat in rlm_dbm

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Tue Feb 17 21:25:15 CET 2009

I've noticed that the check that ./configure script does in order to
find out if gdbm si used only tries to link with gdbm_compat.

But the man page of gdbm says:
  If you wish to use the dbm or ndbm compatibility routines, you must link
  in the gdbm_compat  library as well.  For example:

      gcc -o prog proc.c -lgdbm -lgdbm_compat

and indeed on any vanilla system this is the case.
Debian, OTOH have patched their libgdbm_compat.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan at bagra.net.mk
 -- not my mail address, it's a Jabber ID --^ :)