Question about authenticating CHAP clientsusinganexternalprogram-A different case

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Feb 24 23:55:03 CET 2009

>Thanks for your attention. Yes, you are right, we should organize our system
>regarding the structure of freeradius. I have lots of questions to ask. I am
>going to coherently form them; would you please trace this thread?

I do hang around. This is what you should plan for:

- checks that need to be made before you decide if the user should be
accepted should be run in authorize

- let freeradius sort out password validity (authentication)

- anything that needs to be added/changed after you decided to
accept/reject user should be run in post-auth

If you follow that structure there will be few problems in sorting out
your scripts.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP