EAP-PEAP GTC auth_type

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Thu Feb 26 03:34:08 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM,  <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:
> documented in ldap module configuration file. Enable ldap in authorize
> in inner-tunnel virtual server in order to have password available.

Great! It works perfectly.
Other than enabling ldap in authorize and authenticate in
inner-tunnel, I also had to change eap.conf's gtc section to auth_type
= LDAP.

This works, but it brings up another problem. Setting auth_type to
PAP, Local, or commented out on gtc section does not work for LDAP. On
the other hand, If I set auth_type = LDAP, PEAP-GTC with system user
(which works if I set auth_type = PAP on gtc section) does not work.

Is there a way I can authenticate with BOTH system user and LDAP using PEAP-GTC?
the main radiusd.conf can have multiple authorize methods available,
right? Why does gct have to explicitly set auth_type?