OT: 802.1x CPE device with _wired_ supplicant support

Vegard Svanberg vegard at svanberg.no
Fri Feb 27 11:33:48 CET 2009

Sorry for the OT. My alibi is that the device will authenticate through
a switch and Freeradius. :-)

I'm looking for a cheap 802.1x CPE device ("broadband router" like, you
know, with a 4-port embedded switch, wan-port and wireless support)
which can be an 802.1x supplicant on the wired WAN port.

It's seems such devices are hard to find, and I'm surprised as to why
the usual broadband router manufacturers don't implement this. Any
suggestions on where to find / what devices to use?

Thanks in advance.

--
Vegard Svanberg <vegard at svanberg.no> [*Takapa at IRC (EFnet)]