EAP-TLS

Brian Ertel bsertel at amherst.edu
Wed Jan 7 18:15:31 CET 2009

Hi,

I've modified the eap.conf, clients.conf, and users respectfully but am getting the below error when started radius:

Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "tls"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: No EAP type configured, module cannot do anything.
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1939] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1886] Failed to parse authenticate section.

The following are the config's I made.  Please let me know if you see anything that needs to change just to get radius start.

eap.conf

default_eap_type =tls
 tls {
                        private_key_password = whatever
                        private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem
 certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cert-srv.pem

                        #  Trusted Root CA list
                        CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/demoCA/cacert.pem

                        dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
                        random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random

clients.conf

client 148.85.0.0/16 {
        #
        #  The shared secret use to "encrypt" and "sign" packets between
        #  the NAS and FreeRADIUS.  You MUST change this secret from the
        #  default, otherwise it's not a secret any more!
        #
        #  The secret can be any string, up to 31 characters in length.
        #
        secret          = XXXXXXX

        #
        #  The short name is used as an alias for the fully qualified
        #  domain name, or the IP address.
        #
        shortname       = WAPS

users