Error in SQL statement expansion? And how to correct it?

Hanno Schupp hanno.schupp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:35:43 CET 2009

Dear All,

I found the following in my freeradius 2.1.0 debug on Ubuntu 8.10 for my
simultaneous use check:

Sat Jan 10 10:21:47 2009 : Debug:       expand: SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM radacct                              WHERE username =
'%{SQL-User-Name}'                              AND acctstoptime IS NULL
AND callingstationid <> '{%Calling-Station-Id}' -> SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM radacct                              WHERE username = 'yubvef23'
AND acctstoptime IS NULL                              AND callingstationid
<> '{anyonealling-Station-Id}'

It appears that after expansion of {%Calling-Station-Id} the looked for
value is {anyonealling-Station-Id}. The {} suggest this si a value that
should have been expanded/replaced further. The spelling -
{anyonealling-Station-Id} as opposed to {anyonecalling-Station-Id} as one
might expect - suggested the expansion/replacement fails due to a syntax
error. I have looked in the sql.conf and includes where the SQL statements
are defined. The SQL statement looks OK but I cannot find any definition of
or reference to {anyonealling-Station-Id}.

I would like to confirm firstly that this is indeed a syntax error and
secondly, where the value of {anyonealling-Station-Id} may be defined, so I
can fix this.

Thanks