3gpp2 parameter starts with '\0'

lamersons m at baltia.net
Mon Jan 12 11:48:33 CET 2009

Thank you very much, changing it to octets gave me nice ascii look of esn.
Vendor is Huawei.

to official letter to huawei i got this answer listed below.
Good day,

            I would like to inform that our BSC sends ESN according the
3GPP2 “Interoperability Specification (IOS) for cdma2000 Access Network
Interfaces — Part 7 (A10 and A11 Interfaces)” (see bellow). BSC sending the
ESN refer to the protocol, if the ESN number digit less than 15, should use
0 to fill (8-bit ASCII “0” symbol is /0).
According our analyses, your AAA server does not follow the 3GPP2
specification.