eap/tls freeradius openssl

Brian Ertel bsertel at amherst.edu
Tue Jan 13 02:50:51 CET 2009

Ahhh, ok.  Tomorrow's another day....

Thanks John,

Brian

________________________________

From: freeradius-users-bounces+bsertel=amherst.edu at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of John Dennis
Sent: Mon 1/12/2009 6:14 PM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: eap/tls freeradius openssl

Brian Ertel wrote:
> I obeyed the faq's every command and get caught up on this:
>
> [root at freeradius redhat]# rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/freeradius.spec
> error: failed to stat /usr/src/redhat/rpmbuild: No such file or directory

My apologies, there was a typo in the FAQ, the command should have read:

rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/freeradius.spec

The second "rpmbuild" looks like it was a cut-n-paste bug, it is not
necessary, I've fixed it on the wiki, thank you for pointing this out.

Just as an aside it looks like you're running as the root user, don't do
that. It's seldom necessary to run as root, it's very dangerous. Instead
run as a normal user and sudo when necessary (you'll have to add
yourself to /etc/sudoers using sudoedit). It is not necessary to be root
to build a package. When it's time to install use sudo, when you want to
run the service use sudo.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

-