Centralized authentication

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Jan 13 16:45:59 CET 2009

>But since I'm not familiar with these technologies, I would've liked if anybody has a howto to set up the configuration...

Do you have any reason to believe that default configuration will not
work? Server comes already configured to work with most protocols.

>And since I'm using an OpenLDAP server a base for users account, I was wondering should be stored users' password in the LDAP server if clients are using PAP/CHAP-like mechanisms. And how could I reset passwords on these technologies, whereas the password is stored in the LDAP server.

I am sure there is OpenLDAP documentation about user management. This has
nothing to do with freeradius. Only thing you need to know is that CHAP
requires cleartext passwords - encrypted can't work.

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

Instructions for configuring ldap module are - in the ldap module
configuration file (raddb/modules/ldap). Additional information can be
found in man and doc pages included with the server or on the freeradius
wiki.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP