Radius syntax

Andrea Scarso andrea.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:38:02 CET 2009

Hi all,
I'm trying to monitor my radius servers using The Dude by Mikrotik.
Here, there's not a prebuild check, but there's a radius test, made in UDP
on port 1812, where I have to manually set the "sent string" and the
"received string".

How is a radius request made, or where can I find some docs about it?

When I send a request with the default string, on the radius I receive:

Wed Jan 14 08:55:45 2009 : Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from host
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: packet attributes do NOT exactly fill the packet
Wed Jan 14 08:55:55 2009 : Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from host
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: packet attributes do NOT exactly fill the packet
Wed Jan 14 08:56:30 2009 : Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from host
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: packet attributes do NOT exactly fill the packet

Thanks,
Andrea