Static Proxy Accounting

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Jan 19 14:20:21 CET 2009

Since we started using buffered accounting there is an open session now
and then. Before, when we wrote directly to sql, no packets were lost,
so I have to assume it is coming from radrelay.

It is totally random: no relation to load etc. I can't figure out any
reason. Server is self-build from mostly desktop parts. I suspect HDD
I/O. Disk reads/writes are probably slow and something gets skipped.

We will just start using checkrad. No need before - no dropped packets in
3 years! But sql was starting to slow down at peak times (we do a lot of
sql hits on accounting stop packets), so we switched to buffered sql.
Everything works much better now just these annoying open session
cropped up.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP