[ Re: eap-ttls failing]

Josh Hiner josh at remc1.org
Tue Jan 27 21:29:16 CET 2009

tnt at kalik.net wrote:

> But "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on ...."
>
> ..
>
>> [1180] 13:42:16:415: ElWZCCfgUpdateSettings: Error in RegOpenKeyEx for
>> base key, 2
>>
>> [1180] 13:42:16:415: ElWZCCfgChangeHandler: ElWZCCfgUpdateSettings HKCU
>> failed with error (2)
>>

> which you say is rubbish. Did you install .p12 version of client
> certificate?
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Yes the cert is there, does report the correct oid etc.. etc.. Attached
is the client certificate I am using. I even went into the configuration
and made it so XP asks me to select my certificate manually. I select
the certificate manually and it still gives the same error as above
(Error in RegOpenKeyEx for base key, 2) etc.. Maybe there is still a
problem with the certificate but it all looks fine to me. Can you peak
at the cert for me? This is happening on all machines so there must be a
problem with it? When I install the cert it asks me for the cert
password which I type in (I use the password I put in the client.cnf
file). There should be an input and output password in client.cnf
correct? I'm at a loss.

Thanks -Josh