simple test,, how to go on?

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Jul 1 14:13:54 CEST 2009

> - Freeradius 2.0.4, packaged by Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty, on "radius20" host.
>
> In users:
>       [...]
>       mihamina   Cleartext-Password := "{clear}mihamina"

That's wrong. Remove {clear} header from the password.

>                  Service-Type = Framed-User,
>                  Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>                  Framed-IP-Address = 172.16.3.33,
>                  Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>                  Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
>                  Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
>                  Framed-MTU = 1500,
>                  Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
>       [...]
>
> "clients.conf" already allows the client I launch radtest from.
> "radiusd.conf" is attached.
>
> When I launch
>    $ radtest mihamina mihamina         radius20 10 testing123
> or
>    $ radtest mihamina {clear}mihamina  radius20 10 testing123
>
> I get the answer:
>    Access-Reject packet from host 41.204.103.216 port 1812

Because it isn't using password from the users file.

> ++[unix] returns updated

You have system password for that user. That one was used.

>      users: Matched entry mihamina at line 86
> ++[files] returns ok

If you don't want to use system passwords but ones in users file comment
out unix in authorize section of the default virtual server.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP