Freeradius+MySQL auth for PPTP (MSCHAP V2) failing

Ajitabh Pandey ajitabhpandey at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:13:42 CEST 2009

2009/7/4 Padam J Singh <padam.singh at inventum.cc>:
> Hello Ajitabh,
>
> Does PAP work? If it does, then your overall configuration is correct.
> Whenever doing a new setup, always begin with PAP Password from PPTP and
> Clear-text password in Mysql, and if it works then go ahead and change the
> setting on either side to suit your needs.

Thanks for the advise, I will keep that in mind next time onwards.
Start from simple and move towards complex......

> I think the issue is that you are storing the password encrypted - the
> radius server either expects a Cleartext-Password or Chap-Password for
> MSCHAPv2, and you have Crypt - something the radius server cannot really
> derive anything for comparison on basis of any conversion between them.

Nope, as I have explained in a reply to other response. I have used
the encrypted password also now and its working. The problem was
Auth-Type record in radgroupcheck table. Removed that record and fixed
few missing lines from authorise and authenticate sections and it
worked.

Thanks for responding though.

Regards.
--