Pls help: realm based proxy setting

ST Wong (ITSC) ST at itsc.cuhk.edu.hk
Sun Jul 5 04:12:01 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using freeradius 2.1.3 and setting up a realm-based proxy server.
In users file, I add line like following:

DEFAULT         Aruba-Essid-Name == "NewSSID", Realm ==
"realm1.my.domain", Proxy-to-realm := "test1.my.domain", aruba-user-vlan
:= 191
                Fall-Through = 1

And test with radclient using configuration file like this:

User-Name=tester at realm1.my.domain,
Password="mysecret",
NAS-IP-Address=127.0.0.1,
NAS-Port=10,
Aruba-Essid-Name="NewSSID"

Request can be proxied to test1.my.domain if the realm
"realm1.my.domain" is defined in proxy.conf.  Otherwise suffix will
resolve to DEFAULT realm and thus won't match the line in users file.
Is it possible to do the same thing without defining the 'virutal' realm
(realm1.my.domain in my example) in proxy.conf?

Besides, I'd like to add "aruba-user-vlan := 191" AV pair in the reply
but can't see it in radclient output.   Did I miss anything?

Thanks a lot.
/ST Wong