Syslog and FreeRADIUS

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 16:48:56 CEST 2009

Further to my previous query I've got global server messages being
syslogged to my log hosts.

However, all of my radius magic happens inside virtual servers, which
live in sites-available. I haven't been able to get any syslog packets
sent from within these virtual servers.

I've tried creating a log{} section at the top of the virtual server
containing the same directives as radiusd.conf but this didn't work.

I created a module again with the same directives as radiusd.conf - this
also didn't work.

I referenced the stuff in both cases in the normal places in my virtual
server

The server doesn't give any error messages and starts normally with
these directives in place - it just doesn't send any syslog packets.

Has anyone on the list sent syslog packets from within radius virtual
servers? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan