Alvarion BreezeMax BTS - Service provisioning?

Steve Evans traveller.steve at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:20:17 CEST 2009

Hi,
   Hopefully someone has come across this before and can easily answer the
question I am attempting to get an Alvarion Breezemax basestation working
with FreeRadius for provisioning of services.

Essentially it appears straight forward the manual provides the following
info:

1 Verify that the necessary Service Profiles are available in the database
of the
relevant Base Station(s).

2 The Users List of the server must include the default User Name and
Password
of the NPU (both are KeepAliveUserNameAndPassword).

3 The format of the each Service in the ID Filter in the RADIUS
Authentication
server(s) is n:v:h:a:c; The ID Filter may include up to 5 Services,
separated by
“;”: s1;s2;...
�n = Service Profile Name
� v=<VLAN List>. v=<> is an empty VLAN list.
� h=ON or OFF, indicating the configured Hybrid VLAN Mode.
� a=<OFF or ON, VLAN ID>, indicating the configured Access VLAN Mode, and
the Access VLAN ID for Access VLAN ON.
� c=ON/OFF, indicating the configured VLAN Classification Mode.

The first 2 are straight forward and as things stand the CPE user get
authenticated by the Radius server however defining the service whatever I
do cannot get it to work!

The setup is just in a lab environment so the Radius server is just using
the conf files no databases and in the very simple user file I have the
following:

username User-password == "password"
  Filter-id = "n=InternetAccess:v=<>:h=OFF:a=<OFF>:c=OFF;"

The manual seems to point towards the filter-id but this does not work!  I
see in the reply-details log files that the filter-id is being sent
however I then check on the Alvarion CPE and it doesn't have any Service
configured. . . I have tried the alvarion-vsa-## and the the
breezemax-attrb and these still make no difference!

Has anyone got this working?  The supposed Alvarion support is as widely
reported non-existant - the two contacts I have are both on leave!

Cheers in Advance
Steve