MySQL - support - module not loaded - radacct

Bernd Hoffmann b.hoffmann at satspeed.de
Tue Jul 14 11:55:31 CEST 2009

Hello,

I want to use freeradius 2.1.6 to store accounting data from a NAS in MySQL.

First of all I installed mysql from source. Then I tried to install
freeradius in the following both ways:

-----------------
./configure
make
make install
-----------------
./configure --with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
--with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
make
make install
-----------------

In both ways the configure looks as it should, I believe. I can also find
the /usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql.so. So I deleted the comment out sign in
front of "$INCLUDE sql.conf" in radiusd.conf and also modified the access
data of the mysql-server in sql.conf.

However when I start the radius-server I can not see, that the rlm_sql_mysql
- module is loading. I believe it is the certain module for store data to
radacct - mysql - table. Please correct me, if I'm wrong (Sorry, I'm new to
freeradius).

In conclusion the radius-server is storing the account-data only on
filesystem (/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/CLIENT-IP/detail-date) and not
to mysql. :-(

So I ask you, how can I enable radacct - mysql (how can I encourage
freeradius to load rlm_sql_mysql)?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Best regards,

Bernd