MySQL - support - module not loaded - radacct

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 14 13:53:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

> when I uncomment the sql in the accounting section, the logging seems to
> work. However the server does no more start with the init.d script. I can
> see a radiusd process per "ps aux", but the server doesn't listen on the
> certain ports (netstat -lnpe shows not the wished result). When I start the
> server on commandline with the -X option, all works.
>
> Have someone an idea?

what happends when you run with "radiusd -X" - does it all work?

what does /var/log/radius/radiusd.log show?

what is your current SELinux setting?  'getenforce'
is the name of the command.   if its set to 'enforce'
then set it to permissive and try running the init.d
script again.

I think prehaps that either a file is owned by root from
when you were running it as root and therefore the daemon
cannot run properly when started as a lower user - or SELinux
is getting in the way

alan