./configure

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 15:52:02 CEST 2009

On 07/15/2009 09:20 AM, shivashankar wrote:
> hi all,
>
> this is shiva shankar.
>
> when i am isntalling freeradius-server-2.1.6 on solaris10. it is showing
> some warnings.
>
> plz help me out how to remove those warining
>
> miboss3:root$./configure>log.txt
> configure: WARNING: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may
> not work
> configure: WARNING: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl
> may not work
> configure: WARNING: pcap library not found, silently disabling the RADIUS
> sniffer.
> config.status: WARNING:  ./Make.inc.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
> setting
> config.status: WARNING:  ./src/include/build-radpaths-h.in seems to ignore
> the --datarootdir setting
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_counter.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_ikev2.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ikev2 requires:  libeap-ikev2
> EAPIKEv2/connector.h.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_peap.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_peap requires: OpenSSL.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tls.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tls requires: OpenSSL.
> configure: WARNING: the TNCS library isn't found!
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tnc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_ttls.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_ttls requires: OpenSSL.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ippool.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires:  libgdbm.
> configure: WARNING: neither krb5 'k5crypto' nor 'crypto' libraries are
> found!
> configure: WARNING: the comm_err library isn't found!
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_krb5.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires:  krb5.h.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ldap.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ldap requires:  libldap_r.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_otp.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_otp requires:  openssl-libs
> openssl-includes openssl-includes openssl-includes openssl-includes
> openssl-includes.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_perl.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_perl requires:  EXTERN.h perl.h libperl.so.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.
> configure: WARNING: MySQL libraries not found. Use
> --with-mysql-lib-dir=<path>.
> configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_mysql.
> configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_mysql requires: libmysqlclient_r.
> configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
> --with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
> [...]

The bulk of these are because you do not have build dependencies
installed. You need to install the libraries and header files. I don't
know how that's done on Solaris but for many OS's these are found in
"development" packages which are not normally installed because most
users won't need them, only if you're doing "development", e.g. building.

Also note, if aren't going to use a feature (e.g. mysql) you don't need
to install the mysql development packages, you can either disable the
build of the module by passing --withoutXXX to configure or just let
configure figure it out on it's own and live with the warnings.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/