simultaneous checking

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed Jul 22 01:28:40 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 23:30 +0100, Ivan Kalik wrote:
> > HA!  I figured it out: the acctsessionid field was truncating the
> > Acct-Session-Id attribute being received from the NAS.  I bumped the
> > field up to 100 characters, and viola, the default SQL queries in
> > dialup.conf started working.  Yeah!
> >
> > We actually had the same problem with the callingstationid field.
> >
> > I'd recommend the radacct table have an increased field size for
> > acctsessionid and callingstationid.  I know it can be tweaked by the
> > user afterwards, but if it was larger to begin with, problems like the
> > ones I encountered wouldn't crop up.
>
> Why? Most companies have sane administartors who don't create such
> problems for themselves.

Well, I'm not a network guy, so I don't know how much control we have
over the length of those attributes.  If they're configurable, I can
recommend to the real network guy to make some changes on the NAS end.

At least I now know what's been going on.  It's no fun being new to
freeradius and trying to figure out what things are blowing up. :)

Thanks,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.25-170.2.72.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux