Problem with proxied accounting

Cristina Miyata cmiyata at lycos.com
Wed Jul 22 03:28:58 CEST 2009

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Dear FreeRADIUS Users,

We are using Freeradius 2.1.1 and we send accounting RADIUS to 2 different servers called Server1 and Server2. In order to do so, we created two proxy servers and 3 detailed accouting logs: detail (stored in the server), detail1 (processed by the proxy server that send accounting to Server1) and detail2 (processed by the proxy server that send accounting to Server2).

For a while, the proxy serves works fine. Then one of them starts logging reject request due to lack of any response from home server <Server1 IP address> port 1813:

Tue Jul 21 22:03:29 2009 : Error: Rejecting request 38447540 due to lack of any response from home server <Server1 IP address> port 1813
Tue Jul 21 22:03:29 2009 : Error: PROXY: Marking home server <Server1 IP address> port 1813 as zombie (it looks like it is dead).

The proxy server for Server2 also stops working from time to time, but doesn't log any errors in "radius.log" file. The details file for the proxy gets larger and larger, and it seems to be consumed very very slowly (can see accounting being sent to Server2) or not consumed (simply stops sending accouting to Server2) by the proxy server:

total 4265476
-rw-------  1 root root 1246037041 Jul 20 23:59 detail-20090720
-rw-------  1 root root 3117400401 Jul 21 21:49 detail-20090721
-rw-------  1 root root     107664 Jul 20 16:59 detail.work

Server's CPU utilization is low and memory utilization is high (4GB in use and 33MB free).

Does anyone has a clue what is going on with our FreeRADIUS? Really don't know what to do.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Cristina Miyata