login / password

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Jul 23 16:17:15 CEST 2009

> Our passwords are stored as clear text in a postgresql database.

Nice. Does your radius server know that? It helps if radius server knows
where the passwords are.

> The attached file tends to show CHAP is looking for something I dont
> understand.

Login incorrect (rlm_chap: Clear text password not available):

I don't see anything mysterious about that message.

> Would you have any suggestion?

Uncomment sql entry in authorize section of the default virtual server.

> testing with radtest give the correct auth answers.

For a user entry stored in the database? I would seriously doubt that. How
could it when you haven't told the server to look there.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP