Radius client configuration issue

merajs at gmail.com merajs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:43:52 CEST 2009

Hi Ivan,
I have gone thorugh the link and check all the files. I also tried to
compare with my existing installation:

1) As per the given link, it seems that pam.conf is configured as:

login  auth       sufficient   /usr/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so.1
login   auth       required     /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so.1
telnet auth        sufficient  /usr/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so.1
telnet auth        required    /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

which is on Solaris 2.6.

In our configuration on Solaris 5.10, pam.conf contains:

login   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
login   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1
login   auth required           pam_dial_auth.so.1

where libraries are in folder /usr/lib/security

2) pam_radius_auth.conf is set at radius server (/etc/raddb/server), which
contains server ip address and secret.
3) Also, client info is set in /etc/raddb/clients.conf on radius server

But I could not find where radius server ip is configured in radius client.
I am not able to find how radius client knows about radius server. Please
let me know if I am missing anything.

Regards,
Meraj