etc_passwd

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 18:02:27 CEST 2009

On 07/28/2009 11:39 AM, Kaz Zurad wrote:
> Hi.
> How to set up freeradius on redhat 4 to use etc_passwd?
>
> I'm new in freeradius, so please forgive me a lamer question.

First of all there is no such thing as redhat 4. Did you mean RHEL 4?
Fedora 4? Anyway, it doesn't matter, just clarifying.

You don't want to read /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow directly so don't use
rlm_unix, instead you should use rlm_pam.

When configuring any module in FreeRADIUS always read the documentation
in /etc/raddb/modules. For the case of of pam you'll see that all it
does is define the pam configuration file to use (e.g.
/etc/pam.d/radiusd). Red Hat RPM's ship with the /etc/pam.d/radiusd
file, although you may want to tweak it to your site.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/