rlm_perl problems]

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Tue Jul 28 23:58:56 CEST 2009

> I didn't try it yet and i am not very good in C. Error that I and Neal
> had is something regarding OS or...? I don't see anyone else having this
> problem except me and Neal.

The error is in rlm_perl and appears related to thread data management, not the O/S and not perl (I run FreeBSD and you run CentOS; we even have different versions of perl).  Boian can explain the change far better than I can; but, my interpretation of the change is that the thread specific data key is now created upon perl module instantiation and stored with the instance data (so there's now a separate key for each perl instance we defined in FreeRadius).  (Perhaps someone will correct me if I interpreted it incorrectly.)

When you say you're not good in C, if you are mean you are unsure how to apply the patch, try this:

1. Put the .diff file in the directory with rlm_perl.c (src/modules/rlm_perl is the directory).
2. Then use the patch command to update rlm_perl.c (it creates rlm_perl.c.orig as a backup and updates rlm_perl.c):
	patch rlm_perl.c rlm_perl.diff
3. Rebuild/install FreeRadius from source
4. Test
5. Say thank you to Boian (and Ivan as he helped also)..