current RHEL/CentOS pre-built packages (Was: freeRADIUS)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 22:27:30 CEST 2009

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
>> However on tomorrow on Monday the 2.1.6 release is
>> scheduled to go public from the FreeRADIUS project. Shortly thereafter I
>> will have posted 2.1.6 SRPM and RPM's on koji (will probably show up by
>> Tuesday). You may want to wait to pick up these RPM's instead of the 2.1.3.
>
> I just rebuilt 2.1.6 SRPM on RHEL5. I didnt' use packages from
> http://people.redhat.com/jdennis/freeradius-rhel-centos since I
> already have freeradius 2.1.3 installed as freeradius RPM, not
> freeradius2. I was hoping that upgrading from 2.1.3 would require a
> simple "rpm -Uvh". It didn't work :P
>
> After some troubleshooting, I found out that
> /etc/raddb/sites-available/* is NOT marked as %config(noreplace).
> Since sites-enabled only have symlinks to sites-available files, this
> effectively means RPM upgrade wiped out my customization (the relevant
> files I used was default and inner-tunnel)
>
> Is this intentional? Or perhaps I did something wrong?

It looks like this was a packaging bug in the spec file. You are indeed
correct /etc/raddb/sites-available/* should have been %config(noreplace).

I'm in the process of pushing out a new set of packages with your
suggested fix. Thank you for reporting this.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/