chap or pap

jon jon free9360 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:35:42 CEST 2009

Hi,
I have pap authentication working just fine. I want to change auth type to
chap. I am using the radius book that is very outdated. Don't really
understand why can't chap to work. I looked in the default file and chap
auth-type is not commented out, so I am assuming that if pap authentication
didn't work then chap would be the next auth type radius would try right.
that is why they put pap at the bottom of the file to let the other auth
types a try first. I am using mysql backend server with username and
cleartext := passwords. Can anyone point me the right direction or tell me
to read more:P

jon