Re-compiling modules

Rupert Finnigan rupert.finnigan at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 00:37:16 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm *attempting* to recompile the rlm_mschap module with a quick mod to
hopefully fix my host authentication domain extraction problems.

Is this as simple as running make, and copying the resulting files to
"/usr/lib" (on my system atleast)?? And if so, is it just the two files I
need to copy, the .la and the .so? If this eventually works I'll rebuild my
rpms, but I'm looking for a quick way of finding out if this does actually
behave as expected.

Sorry if this is a bit of an obvious question - I've never really done much
C before.

Many Thanks,

Rupert