PPTPD Bandwidth Shaping

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Mon Jun 8 03:18:36 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for a few pointers on this...

This is working fine with the exception of Bandwidth Shaping.

Basically, I want to create my own ATTRIBUTES for setting Max-UP / Max-Down and use ip-up.local to "AWK" these attributes from

if [ -f /var/run/radattr.$1 ]
  then
  DOWNSPEED=`/bin/awk  '/Max-Down-Limit/ {print $2}'  /var/run/radattr.$1`
  UPSPEED=`/bin/awk  '/Max-Up-Limit/ {print $2}'  /var/run/radattr.$1`
#echo $DOWNSPEED
#echo $UPSPEED
#echo $FILTERS
   /sbin/tc qdisc del dev $1 root    > /dev/null
   /sbin/tc qdisc del dev $1 ingress > /dev/null

##### speed client->server
  if [ "$DOWNSPEED" != "0" ] ;
  then
    /sbin/tc qdisc add dev $1 handle ffff: ingress
    /sbin/tc filter add dev $1 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match ip src 0.0.0.0/0 police rate ${DOWNSPEED
}kbit burst 12k drop flowid :1
  fi
fi

I've tried to use the following attributes from chillispot as a reply attribute, ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max-Down := 500, but I get the following error :-

rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid octet string "500" for attribute name "ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max-Down"
rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
[sql] SQL query error; rejecting user

I've also copied dictionary.chillspot to /usr/share/radiusclient-ng as:-

VENDOR          ChilliSpot                      14559

BEGIN-VENDOR    ChilliSpot

ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Max-Input-Octets             1       integer ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Max-Output-Octets            2       integer ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets             3       integer ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max-Up             4       integer ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max-Down           5       integer ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Config                       6       string ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Lang                         7       string ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Version                      8       string ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-OriginalURL                  9       string ChilliSpot

# Configuration management parameters (ChilliSpot Only)
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-UAM-Allowed                  100     string ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-MAC-Allowed                  101     string ChilliSpot
ATTRIBUTE       ChilliSpot-Interval                     102     integer ChilliSpot

Not sure what else I'm missing as a majority of the internet search point to editing /etc/raddb/dictionary, but this is not there with freeradius 2.1.6

Any advise work be greatly recieved.

Thx
Nev