DHCP code in 2.0.4+

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbard-bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 10:42:14 CEST 2009

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> It's not a good sign that we bicker about terminology. Suffice it to say
>>

> whilst it was interesting that FreeRADIUS got DHCP support - certainly
> for those that want to ensure policy actually works - I never thought we'd
> get to have such fervent discussion about it :-)
>
> now, historical context - a lot of questions have been asked about
> eg freeRADIUS in 802.1X along the lines of 'authentication worked
> but client didnt get an address' - of course, FR never handed out
> addresses back then - it can now.
>
> however, the main question is when will FreeRADIUS have to have a
> new name?  8-)
>
> FRANAS ? (free radius, authentication and network access server) 8-)

You know I was thinking about this as well, it's not really a Network
Access Server though (EAP terminology).

It's hard... How many protocols does FR support now, VMPS, RADIUS (With
WiMAX), EAP, DHCP. I'd suggest FreeNAC but I believe someone has already :P.

FreeRNC - Free RADIUS and Network Control

or

FreeRaNCS (FRANCS)

Arran