my freeradius-2.1.6 is not auth with PIN only

Goke Aruna goksie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:56:20 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Goke Aruna wrote:
>> I will be glad, if anyone can direct me to whare The log below is the
>> part of the debug for the new test freeradius server 2.1.6 am testing with.
>>
>> However, the hotspotlogin,cgi is able to pass the param username to the
>> radius
>
>   It's not in the debug log below.
>

>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 44600, id=0,
>> length=189
>
>   ... there's no User-Name attribute.  The packet violates the RADIUS
> specifications.  Yet, somehow, magically:
>
>> Tue Jun  9 14:59:48 2009 : Info: [suffix] No '@' in User-Name =
> "2345678901", looking up realm NULL
>
>   There's a User-Name in the packet!  How did that happen?
>
>> Tue Jun  9 14:59:48 2009 : Info: [sql]  expand: %{User-Name} ->
>> 0x32333435363738393031
>
>   And now the User-Name is different!
>
>   You've managed to copy the Chillispot-Max-Input-Octets into the
> User-Name.  Why?
>
>   It looks like you've edited the dictionaries without knowing what
> you're doing.  Don't do that.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Thanks Alan,

The attached is the full debug, however, i have similar config done on
2.0.5 and its working.

the parameter send by the UAM portal was actually the ${User-Name} not
the Chillispot-Max-Input-Octets. bcos of that now I will unload the
dictionary.chillispot to test again and revert.

on the dictionary, I only added the attributes

====
#
$INCLUDE        /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary
$INCLUDE        /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary.chillispot
#
#       Place additional attributes or $INCLUDEs here.  They will
#       over-ride the definitions in the pre-defined dictionaries.
#
#       See the 'man' page for 'dictionary' for information on
#       the format of the dictionary files.

#
#       If you want to add entries to the dictionary file,
#       which are NOT going to be placed in a RADIUS packet,
#       add them here.  The numbers you pick should be between
#       3000 and 4000.
#

#ATTRIBUTE      My-Local-String         3000    string
#ATTRIBUTE      My-Local-IPAddr         3001    ipaddr
#ATTRIBUTE      My-Local-Integer        3002    integer
ATTRIBUTE       Max-Secs-Usable         3000    integer
ATTRIBUTE       Max-Secs-Passed         3001    integer

=======

Goksie